The Institute of Marine Sciences (ICM-CSIC) is inviting applications for a postdoc position. Detailed information on the position is provided below.
- Job title: Postdoc “Energy and Environmental Modelling”
- Work base: Institute of Marine Sciences (ICM-CSIC), Barcelona
- Application deadline: Mai 2018;
- Hours of work: Full time
- Duration: 1-year with possibility to extent
MEDEAS "Modelling the Energy Development under Environmental And Socioeconomic constraints" aims to create a new computational model that will define the future of the energy system in Europe, taking into account physical as well as social constraints. MEDEAS is developing an advanced modelling tool to create, modify and test new and existing policies which could support the transition to a more sustainable European Energy system, based on renewable energy sources. See further information in http://www.medeas.eu.
Principal tasks and responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development of research tasks as part of the EU H2020 MEDEAS project
- Perform statistical analysis using output data from energy models
- Comparative environmental and policy analysis for the renewable transition scenarios
- Attend and contribute to relevant research meetings
- Report on data analysis, interpret findings and write research reports, disseminating these through conference presentations and publication of scientific articles and dissemination material for non-specialists.
Requirements and skills
- Experienced researcher, PhD in Physical Sciences, engineering, mathematics or environmental sciences
- Demonstrable experience in the study and modelling of on systems dynamics in the field of energy, ecology and climate change
- Demonstrable experience in the Python programming language
- Good publishing record in journals of international prestige and experience with the preparation and coordination of reports, as well as dissemination publications
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with multiple teams.
How to apply:
If interested, please send a CV and letter of motivation to Jordi Solé at: email@example.com
Review of applications will start upon reception and until filled. Short-listed candidates will be invited to an online interview.